Decide where your evacuation location will be.
- Make sure ahead of time that you can bring your pets with you.
Prepare your supplies kit(s) and your pet survival kit.
If a Tropical Storm or Category 1 Hurricane hurricane is threatening, you might consider sheltering in place. In such an event, be sure to have the following items for your use:
- 3 days worth of bottled water, food, and medications for each person and pet.
- Generator and fuel. BE SURE TO KEEP THE GENERATOR OUTSIDE!
- NOAA Weather Radio
- AM/FM Radio and extra Batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit